Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Safari Park hotel

Hi friends and family,

I arrived in Nairobi late last night and checked into our hotel. We're staying at the safari park hotel www.safaripark-hotel.com which is really nice. My room has a huge 4 poster bed that I think could probably fit 5 adults comfortably with a big bed net draped over it (for malaria) and a really nice balcony overlooking the garden. We don't start our training until Monday so we had all day today and tomorrow to relax and do some work to get ready. It was pretty rainy this morning and cloudy the rest of the day. Everyone here was complaining of the cold weather (it was probably in the mid 60s) but the sun came out this afternoon for a little bit. While we were having lunch today we must have seen 6 huge bridal parties on the grounds in the hotel and heard lots of chanting and singing. I don't know how they fit that many people on the grounds of this hotel but it is spread out a bit.

My internet time is about to expire so I am going to say my good byes. I'll write again soon.

Love and hugs,

Meighan

No comments:

Post a Comment