Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back in Uganda






















Greetings from Uganda!




















I arrived late last night in Kampala to conduct a training for our new Adherence ancillary study. I’m the only one from Seattle at the training, the rest of the group are all from Harvard. The weather here is beautiful, warm with just enough gentle breeze to keep it from being too hot.

There is a riot currently happening in downtown Kampala, I’m not sure if it will make international news or not. At least one person is dead so far. The riot has to do with some guy who wants to be king of a sub district and those that are standing in his way. When word came in that the riot was happening, many of our site staff at the training had to leave to pick up their children as the schools closed because of the riot. Needless to say I won’t be venturing into downtown tonight.

I’m in Kampala until Sunday, then I fly to Kabwohe (our small site on the south-western border of Uganda) to train them as well. After that training I’m going to head to Queen Elizabeth National Park for two days to go on safari.

No comments:

Post a Comment