Happy Monday everyone-
On Saturday night we stayed at the Rainforest Lodge in Mabira, to have a change of scenery from the Paradise hotel (which isn’t really paradise). I have emailed about the Rainforest Lodge before, it’s an
Eco-lodge located in the middle of the forest in Mabira. Each person has their own little cabin that overlooks the jungle and you can sit on your porch and watch the monkey groups come through and play in the trees next to you. Mainly red tailed monkeys which are pretty small, and pretty shy. They move so quickly it is hard to get a picture of them but I think I might have ended up with a few. We had a great dinner at the lodge of lamb and potatoes, which again is a nice change from the Paradise hotel where I have been rotating between having fish for dinner and eating my own food in my room that I have brought along (granola bars and almonds).
At about 1:30 in the morning, I was awoken to the loud, sudden pounding on the roof of rain as a storm came in. The thunder rolled in, at times so loud that my bed shook when it clapped and then the lightning would light up my room. This lasted for about 2 hours, and was so deafening, there was no hope of going back to sleep. But I have to admit, I loved it. These storms are one of my favorite things about Africa.
We only have 3 more days of training, I can tell the site staff are starting to get tired and are reaching their information overload levels. Hopefully they can hang in there for a few more days.
I leave on Wednesday night and fly to Amsterdam, from there I will fly to JFK and spend a few days in NYC with my friend Ginger before heading back to Seattle on the 22nd.
No comments:
Post a Comment